Website Design & Development
Project Overview: DIY Gifts Ideas is the second custom WordPress blog from the mind of Sammie Brakebill of Down Redbud Drive. Down Redbud Drive is a successful and profitable blog, and Sammie approached me to make her a second website that would focus solely on her DIY Gifts Ideas. The goal was to create a new website that had the same familiarity as Down Redbud Drive while having it’s own personality and flair.
- Create a website that is designed around mobile first, desktop second.
- Create a website that all the author has to do is create a new blog post and it updates everywhere across the website in terms of category and style.
- Integrate author’s email marketing system into the website to collect emails and get more signups (without popups).
- Plan ahead so that when sponsorship opportunities are available, they can be easily added to the website.
- Create a password protection section of the website for members only to download printable PDF’s of the projects.
Project Strategy & Results:
- For the website, we focused on creating a clean, white website so the color pops off the screen.
- On the homepage:
- We created three main “quick” categories for people to quickly access.
- In order to get more signups, we put the email capture right in view as you begin scrolling the website.
- The middle of the homepage features the 12 most recent posts.
- The end of the website, has a “most popular posts” section so that people can see what’s trending.
- When a new post is created, the author simply has to click which category the post belongs. Once that happens, it get’s categorized and fills the corresponding sections dynamically so that the author never has to touch the actual website.
View Live Website: https://diygiftsideas.com
Have A Project Need Like This?
Strategize & Plan
Discover the problems with the old website and create a plan to solve those problems.
Create an ideal customer avatar to describe your perfect customer.
Figure out what websites you like and don't like. Figure out what type of functionality you need and don't need.
Design For Results
Create wireframe and visual mockups of your website design so that you know exactly what your website will look like once live.
Create resources and other pieces that will aid in the website development process such as lead magnets.
Develop For Launch
Develop the website on a private server so that you don't need to worry about down time.
Set up needed integrations such as email capture, auto scheduler, and anything else required for us to reach your goals.
Maintain & Protect
Continually monitor for security threats and issues on the website to ensure minimal downtime and hacks.
Keep me in your corner to update, modify, or change the website.
Know and understand how well your website is performing.
Grow & Be Found
Work to get to the top of Google and other search engine results for key terms and search terms.
Grow your authority and visibility for local search optimization, no matter your home town.
Establish Your Authority and Credibility
Make sure that people have reason to remember your name by setting up a lead capturing and lead nurturing sequence.
Establish your authority as the industry leader for your field in your local area.