Project Overview: Easy Instant Pot Dinners already boasts itself in being a revenue-generating website, but the author and creator of this blog, Kelley, approached me to give it a fresh new look.
- Create a website has familiar navigation and page layout while having a strong, old look
- Create a website with a different “hero” section than the average food blog
- Create a website that does not look like a cheap template
- Create an easy way for people to sign up for recipes
- For the website, rather than feature top recipes or certain categories, I created a block that shows only the most recent recipe in a way where the image takes up a large portion of the screen on desktop and the entire screen on mobile.
- For the fonts, I chose to go with a strong and confident sans serif (that isn’t a stereotypical font) for the heading and paired it with a light and crisp font for the body. This creates an easy mental shift for the reader and helps recipe readers find what they need in the recipe more quickly.
- To help with navigation, I broke up the website’s navigation into “Recipes” and “Learn” rather than a list of posts.
View Live Website: https://easyinstantpotdinners.com