Branding & Identity
I was approached by Liz Latham of Hoosier Homemade to create a new logo and brand for a new passion project blog called How to Cooking Basics. Liz has spent nearly 20 years in the kitchen, both as a mom and professional blogger, and she desires to take all her knowledge and put it in one location. First things first, she needed a logo!
- Coloring needed to match much of the products and scenery of their farmhouse, which is where most photos and videos will be shot and recorded.
- Logo needs to feel familiar on first look to those who cook.
- I created two full logos with a logo badge to match in order to be used in different contexts.
- The full logos uses a soft serif font to bring in a classic feel and the swooshes and flair brings in a modern edge. The goal with the full logo is to provide a home and kitchen magazine vibe.
- The badge is designed to be used when the full logo isn’t ideal, such as social media, watermarks, and stickers.
- In order to lean into the idea of cooking and baking, I created an icon using two familiar kitchen objects and use this icon on both the full logo and the badge.
Have A Project Need Like This?
Strategize & Plan
Discover the problems with the old website and create a plan to solve those problems.
Create an ideal customer avatar to describe your perfect customer.
Figure out what websites you like and don't like. Figure out what type of functionality you need and don't need.
Design For Results
Create wireframe and visual mockups of your website design so that you know exactly what your website will look like once live.
Create resources and other pieces that will aid in the website development process such as lead magnets.
Develop For Launch
Develop the website on a private server so that you don't need to worry about down time.
Set up needed integrations such as email capture, auto scheduler, and anything else required for us to reach your goals.
Maintain & Protect
Continually monitor for security threats and issues on the website to ensure minimal downtime and hacks.
Keep me in your corner to update, modify, or change the website.
Know and understand how well your website is performing.
Grow & Be Found
Work to get to the top of Google and other search engine results for key terms and search terms.
Grow your authority and visibility for local search optimization, no matter your home town.
Establish Your Authority and Credibility
Make sure that people have reason to remember your name by setting up a lead capturing and lead nurturing sequence.
Establish your authority as the industry leader for your field in your local area.