Website Design & Development
Stephen, the owner and founder of Magitek, contacted me to build them a new website that is able to visually represent the quality of product they create for powered wheelchairs. Magitek creates non joystick controllers for complex powered wheelchairs so that people who suffer from ALS, CP, and various degenerative conditions be able to use their powered wheelchairs, no matter the situation. With their technology, they are able to help people find freedom to enjoy life on their own once again.
Magitek first hired someone else to design their website, but the website looked like it came straight out of the early 2000s. They hired me to fix that.
- Magitek is both a B2B (business to business) and B2C (business to customer) company. They work with organizations and medical professionals to find solutions for their patients and clients. They also work with individuals who are looking for solutions on their own! We needed to create a website that serves both groups.
- Magitek requested that we feature images of their technology throughout the website.
- Magitek did not have colors outside of a black logo. We decided to create a color palette based off the color blue because blue is often associated with stability and reliability, which is what users can expect with using Magitek’s technology.
- I wanted to focus on two facts: the heart behind the company and the technology that helps people are who wheelchair bound. When you talk with the Magitek team, you can instantly tell that they are in this business to help people and that’s where they find their joy!
- We decided to keep the website as simple and lean as we could! That way, when people read through the website, they quickly trust that Magitek can solve their powered wheelchair problems, and as a result, contact the company.
Have A Project Need Like This?
Strategize & Plan
Discover the problems with the old website and create a plan to solve those problems.
Create an ideal customer avatar to describe your perfect customer.
Figure out what websites you like and don't like. Figure out what type of functionality you need and don't need.
Design For Results
Create wireframe and visual mockups of your website design so that you know exactly what your website will look like once live.
Create resources and other pieces that will aid in the website development process such as lead magnets.
Develop For Launch
Develop the website on a private server so that you don't need to worry about down time.
Set up needed integrations such as email capture, auto scheduler, and anything else required for us to reach your goals.
Maintain & Protect
Continually monitor for security threats and issues on the website to ensure minimal downtime and hacks.
Keep me in your corner to update, modify, or change the website.
Know and understand how well your website is performing.
Grow & Be Found
Work to get to the top of Google and other search engine results for key terms and search terms.
Grow your authority and visibility for local search optimization, no matter your home town.
Establish Your Authority and Credibility
Make sure that people have reason to remember your name by setting up a lead capturing and lead nurturing sequence.
Establish your authority as the industry leader for your field in your local area.