Website Design & Development
Shannon Cairns lives to help people live a frugal life, all without feeling like you stop living. During her journey of paying off over HALF A MILLION dollars, she began blogging and documenting her process and systems, and people started to tune in and read about just how she does it! Shannon had been using the same blog theme and flow since she first started her WordPress blog many years ago, and she turned to me to help her rebrand her website and online presence.
- Create a new tagline for the blog – we settled on “Living on a budget doesn’t have to suck.”
- Shannon wanted to rebrand herself as not just a person with a blog but as an influencer who lives the lifestyle she preaches. We focused on focusing on images of her and her products and leaning into her story and journey wherever possible.
- Shannon already had a working color palette – we just needed to make it look fun and inviting on the website!
- When someone first starts off on the “frugal lifestyle,” they often have no idea where to begin. We solved that problem for website visitors by creating a “Start Here” page where we show people Shannon’s best YouTube videos, blog posts, and TikTok videos to get started.
- Shannon has a growing YouTube channel, and we needed a way to feature her YouTube videos. The problem with YouTube videos is that YouTube takes an eternity to load. We found a way to have her YouTube video posted on the home page of the website, without slowing down the website too much!
- Since the brand is growing quickly, Shannon needed a way for brands to see her media kit without looking for it. We settled with a page called “Work with Me” and built that page around her story.
- Shannon uses many plugins to turn her website into a profit driving work-horse. We needed a way to handle all of the plug-ins and code that her website was producing, and speed it all up. With a few tricks and a lot of elbow grease, we did just that!
Have A Project Need Like This?
Strategize & Plan
Discover the problems with the old website and create a plan to solve those problems.
Create an ideal customer avatar to describe your perfect customer.
Figure out what websites you like and don't like. Figure out what type of functionality you need and don't need.
Design For Results
Create wireframe and visual mockups of your website design so that you know exactly what your website will look like once live.
Create resources and other pieces that will aid in the website development process such as lead magnets.
Develop For Launch
Develop the website on a private server so that you don't need to worry about down time.
Set up needed integrations such as email capture, auto scheduler, and anything else required for us to reach your goals.
Maintain & Protect
Continually monitor for security threats and issues on the website to ensure minimal downtime and hacks.
Keep me in your corner to update, modify, or change the website.
Know and understand how well your website is performing.
Grow & Be Found
Work to get to the top of Google and other search engine results for key terms and search terms.
Grow your authority and visibility for local search optimization, no matter your home town.
Establish Your Authority and Credibility
Make sure that people have reason to remember your name by setting up a lead capturing and lead nurturing sequence.
Establish your authority as the industry leader for your field in your local area.