Project Overview: Real Talk Christian Podcast is a podcast that airs their content both over usual podcast channels and YouTube. They wanted a website that allowed listeners to quickly find information about the podcast, contact the hosts, and find the specific podcast that they need in their life right now.
- Create a podcast database where a new post is automatically created once a new episode is released so that the hosts did not need to create a new episode post in the website every week
- Create an easy way for people to find help to certain questions or a part of their faith
- Feature guests who have been on the show
- Keep normal blog post “post type” in tact in case there’s future development
Project Strategy & Results:
- Created a custom website where every time a new episode is released, a new blog post is created for that episode. On each blog post, you can find the featured imaged, audio player, notes, and links to subscribe to the show. When there’s a new episode, the home page, listen page, and view all episode pages were dynamically filled in so that the website is always up to date.
- In order to have an episode be a blog post but still have future blog post capabilities, a new post type had to be created. This was accomplished so there are now two different post types.
View Live Website: https://realtalkchristianpodcast.com