Website Design & Development
Branding & Identity
Project Overview: The owners and minds behind Sweet Tea & Sprinkles are professional food blog authors and food photographers and were ready to start making content for themselves! They’ve been in the game a long time and have an amazing following, so we decided to team up and make not only a well-functioning blog but also a fun website to view!
- Speed was the number #1 request. The website had to score well in all of Google’s speed tests.
- Since the authors are food photographers, we wanted as many pictures as we could on the homepage of the website.
- The website needed to be full of color and fun elements.
- We went for a more “polaroid look” with all images so that we can use color to frame out images and help those images stand off the homepage.
- To keep sections from being simple color, we decided to use textures and patterns. However, I needed to keep the page speed up, so rather than use images to make the patterns, we used custom CSS in order to create the patterns that were wanted.
- Each section of the website needed to feature certain recipes. I used the categories and custom callings in order to fill out the sections with the correct recipes.
- In order to keep people bouncing between recipes, we added a “Most Popular” section on the sidebar of each recipe page.
View Live Website: https://sweetteaandsprinkles.com
Have A Project Need Like This?
Strategize & Plan
Discover the problems with the old website and create a plan to solve those problems.
Create an ideal customer avatar to describe your perfect customer.
Figure out what websites you like and don't like. Figure out what type of functionality you need and don't need.
Design For Results
Create wireframe and visual mockups of your website design so that you know exactly what your website will look like once live.
Create resources and other pieces that will aid in the website development process such as lead magnets.
Develop For Launch
Develop the website on a private server so that you don't need to worry about down time.
Set up needed integrations such as email capture, auto scheduler, and anything else required for us to reach your goals.
Maintain & Protect
Continually monitor for security threats and issues on the website to ensure minimal downtime and hacks.
Keep me in your corner to update, modify, or change the website.
Know and understand how well your website is performing.
Grow & Be Found
Work to get to the top of Google and other search engine results for key terms and search terms.
Grow your authority and visibility for local search optimization, no matter your home town.
Establish Your Authority and Credibility
Make sure that people have reason to remember your name by setting up a lead capturing and lead nurturing sequence.
Establish your authority as the industry leader for your field in your local area.