Project Overview: The owners and minds behind Sweet Tea & Sprinkles are professional food blog authors and food photographers and were ready to start making content for themselves! They’ve been in the game a long time and have an amazing following, so we decided to team up and make not only a well-functioning blog but also a fun website to view!
- Speed was the number #1 request. The website had to score well in all of Google’s speed tests.
- Since the authors are food photographers, we wanted as many pictures as we could on the homepage of the website.
- The website needed to be full of color and fun elements.
- We went for a more “polaroid look” with all images so that we can use color to frame out images and help those images stand off the homepage.
- To keep sections from being simple color, we decided to use textures and patterns. However, I needed to keep the page speed up, so rather than use images to make the patterns, we used custom CSS in order to create the patterns that were wanted.
- Each section of the website needed to feature certain recipes. I used the categories and custom callings in order to fill out the sections with the correct recipes.
- In order to keep people bouncing between recipes, we added a “Most Popular” section on the sidebar of each recipe page.
View Live Website: https://sweetteaandsprinkles.com