Website Design & Development
Taylors First Baptist Church, located in Taylors, South Carolina, decided to leave their former marketing company relationship, which resulted in the need for a new church website. Taylors, as a ministry, has many programs and moving pieces and needed a website that served the church, their outreach programs, the Pre-Academy, and the Rec Center.
This project was done in partnership with D373.
Taylors’ website, although seemingly simple on the friend, has an entire plug-and-play ecosystem built out perfectly for someone who is familiar with WordPress. When you break down Taylors, you actually see 5 different areas that all need to be featured, both as as a unit, but also as individual entities:
- Worship & Discipleship Ministries
- Church planting & continued partnership
- Love Taylors (the engine that fuels community events and humanitarian efforts)
- Pre-Academy (Pre-school and Kindergarten)
- Taylors Rec
Here’s what we were able to accomplish on the website:
- Integration with their church management software for all events, calendar, information and registration, and payment processing. Once it updates in the management software, the website updates accordingly. This includes the calendar for the church and the Rec center.
- Sermon Media player that is not only simple to add/manage sermons and watch sermons but is also searchable on the website
- Custom permissions and “fill in the blanks” for key ministry pages that get updated by non communication staff members every week
- Fill in the blank event management for all mission trips and Love Taylors events
- Custom blog settings that have been renamed from “blogs” to “Voice of Taylors” to include ministry updates, highlights, devotionals, and whatever other resources the church wants to send out
- A guided journey on the website. On all “About” and “Get Connected” pages, there are quick links to help you get to another part of the website that you may find interesting based on the page that you are currently viewing
- A announcement bar that features an automatic “unpublished” feature so that announcements can be set and turn off automatically at the designated time and date. The same integration was added to the “Upcoming Announcement” section on the homepage
Have A Project Need Like This?
Strategize & Plan
Discover the problems with the old website and create a plan to solve those problems.
Create an ideal customer avatar to describe your perfect customer.
Figure out what websites you like and don't like. Figure out what type of functionality you need and don't need.
Design For Results
Create wireframe and visual mockups of your website design so that you know exactly what your website will look like once live.
Create resources and other pieces that will aid in the website development process such as lead magnets.
Develop For Launch
Develop the website on a private server so that you don't need to worry about down time.
Set up needed integrations such as email capture, auto scheduler, and anything else required for us to reach your goals.
Maintain & Protect
Continually monitor for security threats and issues on the website to ensure minimal downtime and hacks.
Keep me in your corner to update, modify, or change the website.
Know and understand how well your website is performing.
Grow & Be Found
Work to get to the top of Google and other search engine results for key terms and search terms.
Grow your authority and visibility for local search optimization, no matter your home town.
Establish Your Authority and Credibility
Make sure that people have reason to remember your name by setting up a lead capturing and lead nurturing sequence.
Establish your authority as the industry leader for your field in your local area.