Website Design & Development
As a blogger, YouTuber, and social media content creator, Lisa Childs serves her audience by creating recipes and reviewing popular kitchen appliance, house-hold tools, and accessories. Since 2016, Lisa’s brand, Tried Tested & True, has established itself as an authority, but it was time for it to have a website to match!
In the previous two designs, Tried Tested & True digital home (the website/blog) focused around Lisa’s blog posts, but with this design, Lisa desired to created a home for her entire brand, while still being the home for her blog. In order to accomplish this goal, we completed three primary tasks:
- Set Lisa apart as an industry leader in the blogging and content creator platform by making her website the hub for the brand, not just a blog.
- Create a blog page that looks and feels different than the standard blog post.
- Create easy avenues to search and interact with the website.
In order to set Lisa’s brand apart, we implemented these design features:
- Desktop and Mobile have two very different means of navigation; however, the mobile flyout menu is able to be used on Desktop
- On mobile, there is a search bar that remains visible on all pages, inviting users to search, rather than user having to look for where to search
- We reworked the entire hierarchy structure of the website so that the menu items were simple and easy to understand and operate
- Although mobile is the primary viewing method of blogs, we wanted the desktop view to be just as powerful so that when brands and businesses view the Tried Tested & True website, they were given a great experience
What Lisa Had To Say:
Have A Project Need Like This?
Strategize & Plan
Discover the problems with the old website and create a plan to solve those problems.
Create an ideal customer avatar to describe your perfect customer.
Figure out what websites you like and don't like. Figure out what type of functionality you need and don't need.
Design For Results
Create wireframe and visual mockups of your website design so that you know exactly what your website will look like once live.
Create resources and other pieces that will aid in the website development process such as lead magnets.
Develop For Launch
Develop the website on a private server so that you don't need to worry about down time.
Set up needed integrations such as email capture, auto scheduler, and anything else required for us to reach your goals.
Maintain & Protect
Continually monitor for security threats and issues on the website to ensure minimal downtime and hacks.
Keep me in your corner to update, modify, or change the website.
Know and understand how well your website is performing.
Grow & Be Found
Work to get to the top of Google and other search engine results for key terms and search terms.
Grow your authority and visibility for local search optimization, no matter your home town.
Establish Your Authority and Credibility
Make sure that people have reason to remember your name by setting up a lead capturing and lead nurturing sequence.
Establish your authority as the industry leader for your field in your local area.