Website Design & Development
Problems That Needed Solving
- Shandon’s old website was powered via Ecclesia 360 (a proprietary church website builder and platform) and was not able to be easy updated or managed
- All of the church’s sermons were stored inside the church management software, and were not easily accessible.
- Ability to provide extremely limited access to access the backend by key staff members, so that they can only edit their specific pages and not view anything else on the backend of the website — this way, nothing can be broken.
- The church introduced a new vision in 2024, and the new website was a part of the vision!
This project was completed in partnership with Design 373.
Shandon Baptist Church (in Columbia, SC) seeks to be a church that helps believers grow in their faith while simultaneously serves the community to introduce them to Jesus. Being so close to the University of South Carolina, Shandon Baptist intentionally reaches out and is actively connecting with many of the college students that attend the university. Their old website was in dire need of an overhaul and not a simple website redesign because the backend website platform was extremely difficult to navigate and the staff got tired of managing the website.
Since launching the website, Shandon has signed up for my WordPress Maintenance and Support plan so that the website operates smoothly and that the staff doesn’t need to worry about making updates to the website on their own.
- Refreshed the brand colors to breathe new life into the logo.
- Created a building sketch to use on the website and for their new “State of the Church” weekend
- Website developed with WordPress.
- Connected YouTube to the website so that anytime a new service is added, it automatically adds it to the website.
- Created a controlled access management so that certain website logins can only edit certain pages on the website.
- Hosting and monthly maintenance plan signed after the website was launched, resulting in a monthly relationship between Shandon and myself.
Have A Project Need Like This?
Strategize & Plan
Discover the problems with the old website and create a plan to solve those problems.
Create an ideal customer avatar to describe your perfect customer.
Figure out what websites you like and don't like. Figure out what type of functionality you need and don't need.
Design For Results
Create wireframe and visual mockups of your website design so that you know exactly what your website will look like once live.
Create resources and other pieces that will aid in the website development process such as lead magnets.
Develop For Launch
Develop the website on a private server so that you don't need to worry about down time.
Set up needed integrations such as email capture, auto scheduler, and anything else required for us to reach your goals.
Maintain & Protect
Continually monitor for security threats and issues on the website to ensure minimal downtime and hacks.
Keep me in your corner to update, modify, or change the website.
Know and understand how well your website is performing.
Grow & Be Found
Work to get to the top of Google and other search engine results for key terms and search terms.
Grow your authority and visibility for local search optimization, no matter your home town.
Establish Your Authority and Credibility
Make sure that people have reason to remember your name by setting up a lead capturing and lead nurturing sequence.
Establish your authority as the industry leader for your field in your local area.